Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Mission to Mission

So...I've been wanting to go on a mission trip for a while now. I've considered China and Peru, but just had a friend get back from a trip to Guatemala. His excitement was contagious...so much so that I have decided to pursue Team Guatemala's next trip there in late July. Of course, I haven't actually talked to anyone officially about this yet, so I'm not sure it's going to happen. But, if God wants it to, then well....it will be so!

While I was discussing this with my ex-husband (he is my son's father afterall, so I like to make sure he is on board with my travels) he asked me why I would want to do that, and why, in fact, does anyone do that - why can't we stay here and help the people in America? Hmmmm......I paused...for about 1 second and told him that we had 365 days a year to help people here - why NOT take a week and minister to those who don't have the resources we have available to us here? He seemed satisfied with that answer. I then reminded him that I had plenty of life insurance and that JB (our son) would be well taken care of if something happened to me. He was ALSO satisfied with that answer. LOL!

Anyway.....please pray with me that if this is what God is leading me to do that it will be done and that I have the prayer support and financial resources to make it happen!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you've found a mission for your blog, too! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete